Valentine’s Day is the best time of year to remind your significant other how special they are to you. For such demonstrations of devotion, why not plan a romantic escape away from it all? We highly suggest a getaway for two to Hawley, PA, in the heart of the Poconos. If you’re searching for an extra special surprise for your loved one this year, here are some romantic Valentine’s Day date ideas that are sure to bring a smile to their face.
The Best Poconos Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
1. Valentine’s Day Dinners
A romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day is a tried and true tradition that’s even better when you indulge at one of our gorgeous properties in the Poconos. Here are just a couple delectable meals we’re sure you and your sweetheart will love.
- Valentine’s Farm to Table Dinner: Hosted at The Settlers Inn, this delicious feast features some of the best farm-to-table cuisine in the Poconos. Plus, you’ll enjoy a romantic ambiance within the 1920s lodge. The dinner is $89 per person and reservations can be made at 570-226-2993.
- Valentine’s Specials: There’s a lot to love about Valentine’s Day dinner at The Dock on Wallenpaupack. Watch the sun set. Drink in the water views. Linger over a decadent meal made just for Valentine’s Day.
- Valentine’s Dinner at Glass-wine.bar.kitchen: The intimate setting of Glass-wine.bar.kitchen amps up the romance for an elegant five course prix fixe menu created for two. Live entertainment further enhances the ambiance. Dinner is $69 per person. Call 570-226-1337 for reservations.
2. Jazz Supper Club at The Settlers Inn
Live jazz music accompanies a delectable farm-to-table dinner and makes for an unforgettable late Valentine’s Day date! The Arts and Crafts style lodge exudes romance. Bask in the restaurant’s cozy atmosphere and enjoy a special prix fixe menu. John Curtin will perform heartwarming musical selections. Make reservations for the Jazz Supper Club on February 19 by calling 570-226-2993. The evening is $69 per person.
3. Ice Skating in the Poconos
Bundle up and experience a quintessential winter activity in the Poconos. When conditions permit, you can ice skate along the shore at Silver Birches Resort. If Lake Wallenpaupack has not completely frozen, head to some of the smaller bodies of water in the area. There are two lakes within Promised Land State Park– 422-acre Promised Land Lake and 173-acre Lower Lake. An area on the ice is maintained for skaters. There’s a picnic area next to the lake, so you can pack some hot chocolate and snacks to enjoy. An online winter report is updated weekly, which details the conditions and thickness of ice. It’s recommended for ice to be at least seven inches thick to support a small group.
Enjoy a Romantic Outing to Hawley Silk Mill
During your Valentine’s Day escape to Hawley, PA, we invite you to bring your date with you to Hawley Silk Mill, a vibrant lifestyle center in the Poconos. Our historic mill has served a vital role in the community since 1880. Today, you can enjoy a wide variety of fun activities such as shopping, or viewing beautiful art from around the world in Looking Glass Gallery. Hawley Silk Mill is also home to the popular Cocoon Coffee House and Bakery, a great spots to grab a delicious treat or rejuvenating cup of fresh coffee. However you decide to spend your day with us, it’s sure to become one of the highlights of your Poconos getaway.