Who made the New Year’s Resolution to get fit? Surely there are several raised hands out there, as well as grimaces from those who vowed to get in shape this year and have already gotten off track. If you’re in the Hawley, PA, area, there’s a great workout facility that has the best equipment, classes and staff to keep you motivated and help you reach your goals!
Where is the Best Workout Facility in Hawley, PA?
Lake Region Fitness Center is conveniently located in the Hawley Silk Mill. To give you an overview of its many services, this brand new workout facility offers state-of-the-art cardio equipment, free weights, spin classes, yoga and hot yoga and kickboxing. It also has a staff of certified instructors and personal training services.
The workout facility’s space is bright and welcoming. There is plenty of equipment yet plenty of room for you to “get in the zone” as you burn off calories and improve your mind, body and soul. No matter what your goal is for the New Year, you can achieve it at Lake Region Fitness. A schedule of workout classes offered at Lake Region Fitness is posted online for easy reference.
Here’s a sampling of the classes offered:
Spin – Take your cardio to new heights with a spin class! Set to motivating music, your spin adventure will surely be a challenge as you “climb” steep hills with the reward of catching your breath on “flat” road. The benefits? Along with strengthening your legs (and sweating buckets), you’ll also improve your cardiovascular health while enjoying a low-impact workout.
Yoga – Men and women can improve strength and flexibility through yoga, as well as improve posture, release stress and more. When it comes to yoga, Lake Region Fitness offers all-levels classes, as well as hot yoga classes, which involve going through a set of 28 poses and 1 breathing exercise in a studio that has been warmed to a balmy 98 degrees. The heated room not only keeps your muscles loose, it also promotes a good sweat session, which is beneficial to your body for many reasons.
Zumba – If you haven’t yet been to a Zumba class, you have to try it at Lake Region Fitness. Between the music and the creative dance moves, you’ll have so much fun you won’t even know you’re exercising!
How to Get Started on a Fitness Program
Everyone has felt a little intimidated going into the gym for the first time, or for the first time in a long time! To get you started, here are a few tips:
- The first thing you’ll need to do is assess your fitness level. The experts at the workout facility can help you with this process, which is more than just standing in front of the mirror or stepping on a scale. You need to write down some baseline numbers so you can track your improvement.
- Next, you’ll need to design a fitness program that works for you. Consider your fitness goals, the types of exercise that are best for you (if you have limitations) and understand that you will need to “start somewhere.” The certified instructors and personal trainers at Lake Region Fitness can help you with this endeavor!
- Make sure you have the proper equipment and athletic wear to begin your program.
- This is the biggest step of all. Get started! You’ll need to understand that you’ll have to start slowly and build up gradually, no matter the activity.
- Tracking your progress will be a big part of making sure you stay on track. It will also give you plenty of reason to celebrate your success!
HOURS OF OPERATION
This well-maintained gym is located inside Hawley Silk Mill and offers easy parking and a friendly staff. Its hours of operation are:
Monday – Thursday 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday – 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday – 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A variety of membership options are available, including day passes, and month-long, seasonal and annual memberships! For more info, please contact Lake Region Fitness!